Today we will see the next (fourth) principle of Yoga.
Our body and mind gets affected with stress and strain due to various reasons. This causes many problems to the body and mind. Everyone is longing to have a relaxed life. Modern era pushes you to face stiff competition which eventually causes more pain within you. You need more energy to face the modern world.
Yoga teaches you to conserve energy. This makes you feel relax. Your blood pressure and heart beat will be normal. In the stressful field the management is teaching Yoga for the employees so that they can achieve their goal.
Today we will see the next (third) principle of Yoga.
Our body needs nutrients such as fats, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins or proteins. Any substance which provides nutrition to the body is food. Usually we consume rice, wheat and maize. The food we eat must have balanced diet. Malnutrition is a big concern in the modern society. People are taking junk foods which hurt them more.
If you want to maintain your body then you have avoid junk foods, over-eating, fasting too much. You have to eat easily digestible foods which make the mind calm and your body supple and light. Further it gives a great resistance power to overwhelm diseases. You have to take more water between meals. During Yoga practice you have to take plenty of water. For the illness you have to take natural remedies except emergencies.
Today we will see the next (second) principle of Yoga.
Sleep means absent or reduced consciousness. Sleeping hours differs from person to person. Children need more sleeping hour’s. Usually they sleep for 14 to 15 hours in a day. When a kid moves to school then the sleeping hours get reduced. During Adult age the normal sleeping hours will be 7 to 9 hours. If you sleep for many hours then it will make you weak and lazy.
Insomnia means staying asleep. It might be caused for many reasons such as poor sleeping environment, psychological stress, excessive physical or mental stimulation before bedtime or an inconsistent sleeping schedule.
Nowadays sleeping is a great problem for many people. If you fail to sleep at least six hours a day then it will affect your mind and body. Go to sleep at 9 or 10 P.M and wake up early morning (5 or 6 A.M). It is a good time to practice Yoga.
Practicing Yoga makes your mind and body fit and proper. There are ten principles of Yoga which makes you to achieve your goal. The first principle of Yoga is
Discipline means a systematic instruction to train a person or a set of rules regulates your behaviour. Self discipline is essential for practicing Yoga. The five pillars of self discipline are hard work, willpower, acceptance, persistence and industry. Systematic and regular practice is essential to achieve your goal. If you failed to practice Yoga systematically and regularly then you cannot ripe the benefits of Yoga fully.
Yoga makes you self-purified and stronger. Further you have to practice Yoga in accordance with instruction given by Yoga gurus.
This asana coordinates the breath and your movement. It is an important theme in the practice of asanas. Your hip position plays a vital part in each pose. Doing this asana looses your spine and back. It stretches your shoulder and neck. Cat Tilt position stretches the back muscles and the abdominal muscles gets contracted. The spinal fluid gets stimulated. This improves the circulation through core and spine and digestive tract.
Pose of Cat Pose
Steps of Bidalasana
1. Start on your hands and knees. Position your hands directly beneath your shoulders and your knees directly beneath the hips. Have your fingers fully spread with the middle fingers pointing straight ahead. Make your back horizontal and flat. Gaze at the floor. This is your “neutral” positioning. When your pelvis is in neutral, your spine will be at full extension, with both the front and back sides equally long.
2. As you wait for the inner cue, do not sag into your shoulders. Instead, create a line of energy through each arm by pressing downward into your hands and lifting upward out of your shoulders. Go back and forth like this several times to make sure you understand the movement. As you exhale, sag into your shoulders and do the incorrect action; as you inhale, lengthen the arms, lift out of the shoulders and do the correct action.
3. When you are ready to begin, breathe in deeply. As you exhale, turn your hips into Cat Tilt. Do this by gently pulling the abdominal muscles backward toward the spine, tucking the tailbone (coccyx) down and under, and gently contracting the buttocks. Press firmly downward with your hands in order to stay lifted out of the shoulders, and press the middle of your back toward the ceiling, rounding your spine upward. Curl your head inward. Gaze at the floor between your knees.
Video of Cat Pose
Before doing any asana you must know your health. When you feels pain while doing any asanas then you have to stop it immediately. A trained instructor can guide you in a better way and must be observed if you suffer from any chronic or recent back pain or injury.
Maintaining health is a big concern for us. In order to maintain your health you have to do exercise regularly. You can maintain your shoulder by doing the exercise as stated below:
1. Do this exercise slowly and keep your spine straight and your neck relaxed.
2. Raise your right shoulder and then drop it down.
3. Raise your left shoulder and then drop it down.
4. Raise both shoulders at once and then drop them down again.
By doing this you can ease your shoulder tension. Further you can do stretching exercise for the shoulder. For that the steps are given below.
1. Sit in any comfortably erect position. Hold the strap and straighten your arms forward. While inhaling move your arms up until they are overhead, and exhale as you bring them down behind you.
2. Coordinate this movement with your breathing, making the movement smooth. Make sure the strap is sufficiently long and your hands sufficiently far apart, so that you can keep your arms straight. If you cannot keep your arms straight, lengthen the strap.
Many people are sitting hours before computer. Hence they get affected with stress and strain in their shoulders and neck. You can do neck exercise and get relieved. The five yoga neck exercise increases flexibility, eases tension and the muscles get toned.
1. Bend your head forward, chin on chest, then back to original position.
2. Bend to the right, then back to the original position.
3. Bend backward, then back to the original position.
4. Bend to the left, then back to the original position.
5. Bend forward, chin on chest, move from right to the left, then move from left to right.
You can do this exercise from anywhere. By doing this exercise you can get relieved from headache, pain, etc.
You are seeing this beautiful world through eyes. To preserves a healthy eye sight you have to do exercise for eye so that the muscles of eye gets strengthen and healthy. Without moving your head you have to do this exercise while doing so you improves your eyesight, prevents eyestrain and the muscles of your eye gets strengthen. The fives exercises of your eye are
1. Look up and then look down.
2. Look at the right and then look at the left.
3. Look at the top right and then look at the bottom left.
4. Look at the top left and then look at the bottom right.
5. Look up and then rotate your eyes clockwise and then anticlockwise.
You have to breathe normally while doing these exercises. Further you have to do it slowly to reap the full benefits.
In a modern world we get lot of stress and strain, pollution and fatigue. This affects the people mental and health system. People are earning a lot but longing for peacefulness. Yoga gives a simple solution for your day to day illness and problems. It relaxes your mind and body and refreshes you. It assists you to control your body weight. Now a days people gets affected with weight problem. They might have under weight or over weight. It causes so many problems. Yoga balances it and your desired weight could be maintained by doing Yoga regularly. Yoga massages your internal organs, develops resistance to disease and the blood functionality and circulation gets enhanced. Yoga is a great gift for the modern day people. It gives you freshness to your body and mind. It brings back the happiness within you. Enjoy this life.
Many believed that Yoga has been practiced around 3000 B.C. Yoga originated in India. Yoga practitioners are known as Yogis. Today many researches are going on. Now the importance of Yoga is known to developed countries. In US millions are benefiting by doing Yoga regularly. You have to learn Yoga through properly trained teachers. Yoga gives you strength, flexibility and balance. Don’t think it is an alternative for medical care. While doing Yoga you have to pay attention what your body says.
Yoga poses are known as asanas. Doing asanas stretches your muscles. Hence lactic acid might get released which builds your muscle. Further it causes tension, pain, fatigue and pain. Yoga develops the motion in joints. The tissues gets soften. Yoga accentuates lengthening and deepening your breath. It improves the lung capacity. The ability of mental focus and concentration gets developed which benefits students. This is caused because Yoga improves the oxygen level to the brain. Many researches gives positive results that the memory level increases, improves energy level and improves person’s sense of self acceptance. Yoga is also used as adjunct treatment for some diseases. It is known as IYT or Integrative Yoga Therapy.